- This event has passed.
Chinatown Dining Week
January 9 @ 11:00 am - January 19 @ 9:00 pm
Even more exciting, we’ve doubled our participating businesses from last year, with 9 new establishments joining us for a total of 16! As in the past, Chinatown Dining Week will highlight some of the diverse cuisines available in the neighbourhood – including regional Chinese specialties, Filipino, Indian, and Thai.
In addition to businesses located in commercial Chinatown clustered around 97 Street, we’ve also added two restaurants situated in so-called “Chinatown South”, or the area just east of Canada Place. Those who attended our summer walking tours in previous years will know that Edmonton actually boasts two Chinatowns, and though the Quarters is now largely home to cultural and family associations, some retail and hospitality hidden gems remain.
Participating restaurants have put together special $18 fixed price dinner menus that will be offered after 5pm from January 9 – 19, 2020. Each menu will feature two courses. Participating restaurants include (*denotes new participant):
- *All Happy Family, 10013 106 Avenue
- Asian Express Hot Pot, 10586 100 Street
- Gui Lin Noodle House, 10626 97 Street
- Kanto 98 St. Eatery, 10636 98 Street
- King Noodle House Pho Hoang, 10613 97 Street
- *Liuyishou Hot Pot, #168, 9700 105 Avenue (Pacific Rim Mall)
- Namaste India, 10023 107 Avenue
- *Noi Thai, 10724 95 Street
- Padmanadi, 10740 101 Street
- *Shijing Taste Mixer, #127, 9700 105 Avenue (Pacific Rim Mall)
- *Syphay, 9441 Jasper Avenue
- *Youth BBQ, 9645 101A Avenue
This year, we’ve also added a new category that now enables Chinatown Dining Week to feature other types of businesses that may not focus on the sit-down experience. These establishments will offer $10 takeaway packages that will be available during regular business hours from January 9-19, 2020. Participating businesses include (*denotes new participant):
- *Hong Kong Bakery, 10649 97 Street
- *Macarons & Goodies, 10548 101 Street
- *Shan Shan Bakery, 10552 97 Street
- Tea Bar Cafe, 10640 98 Street
Menus will be released at edmontonchinatown.ca the week of December 16, 2019 – check back then for more details!